How to lock folder in Windows XP without any software and hide it properly July 31, 2007Posted by RuleZ in IT.
- during writing the name of the folder just press Alt+0160 (type 0160) then enter
- change the icon of your folder by using right click->properties->costumize->change icon and choose the invisible icon and click OK (optional)
- then,click tools on toolbars->folder option->view->uncheck “use simple file sharing” and click OK
- right click->properties->security->check all in “deny” and click OK
your folder locked succesfully now.
want to unlock ?
—>right click->properties->security->uncheck all in “deny” and click OK
hide folder by dos power
- click START menu on taskbar–>click RUN
- type cmd and click OK
- type cd drive and ENTER
- type attrib foldername +r +a +s +h and ENTER
want to unhide ?
—>type attrib foldername -r -a -s -h and ENTER
but with this method u can find the weakness….want to know ? Just try it by yourself 🙂